WELS mandates that all students reside with a home-stay family. The families are carefully chosen by the school and have to undergo police and criminal checks. Application form for homestay should be submitted along with Homestay Agreement.
Obligation of the Homestay Host:
1) Airport pickup and welcome student’s first arrival
2) Welcome the homestay student as a member of the family.
3) Regular conversation in English.
4) Opportunities to experience Canadian culture.
5) Provide a house key, security access codes, and host family contact information for the student.
6) A private room with bed, desk, desk chair, desk light, internet access, comfortable chair.
7) Shared/private access to a bathroom, laundry facilities, microwave, toaster oven, and suppliers to keep your room and bathroom clean.
8) Daily continental, self-serve breakfast to be eaten at your leisure/with family.
9) Provide adequate and nutritious food as defined in this contract.
10) Daily nutritious dinners to be eaten together with the family.
11) Space in a kitchen cupboard and refrigerator to store your personal food.
To download a copy of the Home-stay Agreement, please click here.
To apply for the Home-stay Program, please click here.
Homestay Placement Confirmation:
Students will be informed of their homestay placement via email as well as via the WeChat app.
IMPORTANT: Both homestay and medical insurance are mandatory. All students are required to have medical insurance and homestay placement prior to arrival to Canada.